Saturday, July 25, 2009

DAY 1, FAKE SNOW!!

Today's Thought:
Jesus gives us the power to be thankful! Aha!
Story: Jesus Heals the 10 lepers
Verse: Always be Thankful

In Craft Lab today, we talked about the story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers. What an awful disease to have! -- imagine itchy scratchy sores from head to toe! But Jesus reached out and healed them, and made their skin clean again.

In the same way, He can make our hearts clean again, when we ask Him to forgive our sins. He promises to forgive us of our sins when we confess them to Him and say sorry.

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean.
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7


I found this fake snow online, from Steve Spangler Science. I am so thankful for this guy, and got most of our craft ideas for VBS from his website.

If you would like to order some Fake Snow for yourself: CLICK HERE.


SAFETY NOTE:
Although the Fake Snow material is non-toxic to touch and play with, I made the kids promise not to put it in their mouth. Parents if you are concerned you can read the safety information by clicking HERE.

Basically though -- Fake Snow is the same stuff you would find inside a baby's new disposable diaper. We just didn't tell the kids that. Because ...... eeeeeeewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment